Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Eyes of Wonder: Watching the Heavens

If you've been keeping a moon journal like the one I described before, you are in for a real treat tomorrow night.

On Wednesday, February 20, 2008, a full lunar eclipse will occur over the Americas, turning the moon all shades of red, scarlet, burgundy, amber and more. Some folks will be able to see, for just a short time, a blue or turquoise moon. It will be a total lunar eclipse; the last one until 2010. You can read all about it on this NASA page, which also describes why we see the different hues of red and brilliant bursts of blue.

Grab the kids, snuggle with your beloved, and look up... with eyes of wonder, and enjoy the wonderful celestial theater that YHWH created just for you.



Shalom,

Carla Lynne

6 comments:

karl said...

carla,
the place where i had the stocking trouble was www.thechessstore.com

Connie Peterson said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Those lovely pictures on your blog -- FINALLY I can see the whole family!!

I wish I could take the girls and go out to look at the moon tonight. However, the girls are in the cities, 3 hours from me. And in both places, it will be so very bitter cold. I am going to try to go out (bundled up) to take a glimpse of the moon but won't be able to stay out very long. Our chill factor right now (with a bright sun) is -35ยบ.

Love you ... and thank you, again! Norm says you have a beautiful family!

Grandma

Jennifer said...

What a lovely blog. I'm inspired!
The music is heavenly and your spirit is fresh...it's good to find place like this. :)

Christy said...

I enjoyed reading your blog!! How refreshing!! :)

Trixi said...

Hi Carla,
Thanks for leaving the sweet comment. Just let me know when you start your class. I blog sparsely now. I have just really tried to simplify as much as possible. I do still check in over here periodically and check on your great adventure, as you are the one who inspired me.
As for the moon lastnight, it was amazing. We sat on our back porch and it lit up the sky like the sun. It was beautiful.
Blessings to you,
Trixi

Cadi said...

Carla,

I somehow found your blog. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings, Cadi